Tristy Lee – Home Decor | Art | Project Inspiration
Who doesn’t love a new family Christmas tradition? This game will give you the giggles every Christmas Eve with this twist on the “Night Before Christmas.” You will have fun creating and then playing this new game. Gather the family around and play the Night Before Christmas game, using the giggle stick you make.
Giggle Sticks Inspriration
One of my favorite things about Lilies and Jets is that people share their favorite Arts & Crafts and DIY projects with us. We were visiting with my dad’s friends Gary and Chris Denhalter when they started talking about their Christmas traditions. They go all out with handmade gifts to friends and family. Chris took us on a fun trip down memory lane with some of the fantastic projects they have done in the past. They made the cutest carolers, snowman making kits, and winter wood décor. Each project looked like so much fun, but I was utterly amazed that they would make 30 to 50 of these a year. WOW! Chris affectionately talked through her memories of creating these gifts with her daughter, husband, mother, and father. She told us about how creative her mother was and that she started the tradition of handmade Christmas crafts. When she told us the story of their “Giggle Sticks” tradition, I just knew we had to share it with you.
Giggle Stick Game Designer
Rayola Pennie Beeny, Chris’s mom, created this game that they play every Christmas and want to share it with you. This game will fill your season with memories that you can now enjoy with your family. I can’t wait to read this book with Lily on Christmas eve with hot chocolate and to see her giggle. These would be great family and friend’s gifts as well.
- 100 popsicle sticks or tongue depressors (We found some cute green and red popsicle sticks at Michaels.)
- The Night Before Christmas BookBag- Christmas theme is adorable, and we recommend something you can’t see through
- Black Sharpie to write the words
How-to Video for Giggle Sticks Night Before Christmas
How to create your Giggle Sticks:
- Using the Giggle Stick prompts, write all of the words on the popsicle sticks or tongue depressors
- Highlight all of the terms in the night before Christmas book
- Put the sticks in a bag
- Print the rules for and put in the bag
How to play:
- Gather friends and family
- In your best storyteller’s voice, read “The Night Before Christmas.”
- On the highlighted words, stop and pull a giggle stick.
- Read the giggle stick before the highlighted word.
- Proceed with the story
- Pass the giggle stick bag around and take turns pulling out sticks
- Have a great time and Merry Christmas
Download your free game instructions, list of giggle sticks, and words to highlight in the Night Before Christmas book.
Thank you, Chris Denhalter, for sharing this fun game. Lily loves to read books, so I am sure we will play this more than once a year as we get ready for Christmas Eve.
Want more Lilies and Jets:
See more projects on our Blog
Follow us on Instagram: Lilies and Jets